Friday, August 13, 2010

A last text from an ex.

The day that I loved you was the day that I died. I am a mere shadow, your constant companion who adored you so much. But you never look back. You never seem to care. For your eyes are already set on your beloved golden sun. I have loved you long enough. Long enough to let go. I have lived in the shadow of my past and have forgotten who I was. In the dark, I have sown the seeds of tomorrow. Over time, they have grown feeble and gray, and one after the other, have started to die. I am just a dreamer of broken hearts and lonely hearts. We people chart this churning abyss and gained nothing but pain. Our souls tarnished and torn are all that is left of us. So, we must part from the ones who hold our hearts. To stop this addiction is to break free from this painful embrace. As I rise from the shadow to gain a new life, I'll look back one last time to the sweetest misery of my life... To give my last kiss and my last good night...

No comments:

Post a Comment